Monday, December 15, 2008

SHANTIES:)

As far as I can remember when I was only a few years old I sang sea songs whenever I can. I have a memory of one particular situation from my childhood when I was spending holidays at my grandparents. One sunny day I was sitting in the hammock with my grandpa and singing shanties with him. I was a little child then and later on I forgot about that situation. After a few years I began to recollect words of the songs at first I didn't know where I knew these words from, I couldn't remember the titles of the songs. In my memories I just saw myself sitting in the hammock with my grandpa and singing these songs but I couldn't remember what are these songs. Only after some time did I realize that the songs which words I was recollecting were shanties. Maybe that is the reason why shanties are so special to me. I find that this music easily catches one's ear. Moreover it is cheerful, danceable and I have great memories from my childhood connected with it:)
Below you have one shantie that I liked singing when I was a child. I have to admit that this see song is still one of my favourite.


Jurek Porębski "Cztery piwka"



Jurek Porębski "Gdzie ta keja"



Apart from shanties I listen to other music as well. I don't have one favourite music type beside shanties. I listen to everything that catches my ear.
Below you have some songs that I like.


The OC season 3 finale "Speeding cars"




Crazy Beautiful movie finale "Perfect"



Love Story




Dżem "Whiskey"




Scarlet "Independent love song"




Bon Jovi "Living on a prayer"



2 comments:

Mat Ś. said...

"Californiaaaa..." I watched the series-cool! By the way, nice song.

Cherry said...

OMG... I used to be a great fan of Bon Jovi when I was younger... much younger :) If you want any of their CD, just tell me & I'll lend you :)