Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Soothing jazz...

When I was younger I didn’t actually like jazz music. However, my father is a passionate listener of it. Thus, when I was in high shool he tried to interest me in the music and encouraged me to listen to Diana’s songs with him. However, I always tried to avoid it by all means. When I became older I have changed my opinion about jazz. Although I'm not as passionate listener as my father, I started to appreciate the music. Jazz is not only relaxing and soothing but also enjoyable. Even though I'm presenting only tiny bit of the genre maybe some of you who don't like jazz will come round in person that jazz is not dull:)


Diana Krall is a famous Canadian jazz singer and pianist whose work is woth noticing.













She is married to Elvis Costello.










Diana Krall became famous when her first CD entitled ‘All for You’ was published in 1996. The first album turned out to be a great success. It was nominated to Grammy Award and won.


Here comes "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" from her first album.



Another CD - ‘When I Look in Your Eyes’ also turned out to be successful. It was pronounced the greatest sucess in the history of jazz music, for it was sold in one million copies. Albums of this genre are rarely sold to such a big number of people. The album was nominated to the Grammy Award as The Album of The Year and won.


"Devil May Care" from the album ‘When I Look in Your Eyes’



The next CD entitled ‘The Look of Love’ recorded with London Symphony Orchestra.


Here is the song ‘The Look of Love’ from the the third album I mentioned.



Diana recorded many more CDs, all of them are worth noticing. I wish I could share with you more songs of hers, however there are too many of them. If you become interested in her music you can go to http://www.dianakrall.com/ or you can find some of her songs on youtube.

Even though this type of music may seem not very convincing and involving at the first sight it is worth being noticed. Trust me. Enjoy:)

1 comment:

AgataL said...

Thanks for this recommendation - I think people interested in English, especially its American variety, should have at least a rough idea of what jazz is all about. Krall is perhaps one of its softest representatives, but probably the most likely to attract those who are not very familiar with jazz. BTW, please check the date for the first CD you mention. Krall was born in 1964, so you must have gotten it wrong.